Using Luminex's flexible xMAP platforming technology, our Clinical Laboratories offers a variety of assay techniques. With its open architecture, Luminex provides for quick and accurate analysis.
Up to 500 polysterene microspheres, each containing red and infrared fluorophore dyes, can be present in a single well. The different combinations of red and infrared dyes within each microsphere offer a unique spectral fingerprint that is recognized and classified by the instrument, allowing for accurate analyte discrimination and analysis.
The 3-D surface chemistry of each microsphere, which could consist of antibodies, receptors, peptides, or oligonucleotides, allows for expedited chemical coupling of capture reagents through solution-phase kinetics.
The benefits of Luminex Technology:
- High throughput – maximum of 500 analytes can be multiplexed at once (per sample) in each reaction well of a 96-well PCR plate. (500 tests per sample)
- Less sample volume needed per reaction due to multiplexing abilities
- Comparable results to ELISA and Microarrays in much less time and with less labor
- Extremely versatile, with numerous applications and assay capabilities
- Can be customized to meet the needs of the consumer through different microsphere-to-probe attachments
Applications of Luminex include:
- DNA assays
- Receptor-ligand assays
- Enzyme assays
- HLA testing and HLA antibody testing
- Protein expression profiling
- Gene expression studies
- Drug discovery: Pharmacogenomics and proteomics